Almost everyone goes through depression once or more in his or her lifetime. This may be due to the hectic lifestyle most of us lead, these days. The competition, job requirements and family life makes it really important for most people to look out for certain things that would reduce some amount of stress they face in their daily life.
In case, they don’t make any efforts to remove this stress of occasional stages of feeling blue, depression is bound to occur.
However, most people who suffer from depression do not consider it seriously because they don’t have the slightest idea that depression has entered into their lives.
This is the reason that most people come to know about it when it’s too late.
It is very necessary to keep tabs on the potential symptoms of depression. This will let you know about whether there is depression in your life. Once you come to know that depression exists, it is time to go for a treatment option. You may talk to your friends and loved one about the depression you are facing. They will help you a lot in removing depression from your life.
It would also be wise to take professional advice in this regard. This will provide you a lot of relief. The most important step you need to take in this regard is to learn the symptoms of depression.
This is the best way to keep tabs on your mood swings. Different people experience depression in different ways. This depends on the type of depression one is going through. However, there are still certain common symptoms that would indicate the depressive mood of an individual.
Here are some of the most common symptoms associated to depression:
– Crying more than usual, Losing temper more than usual
– Lack of energy, Lack of motivation
– Increased use of alcohol, Increased use of drugs
– Staying away from family and friends, Being over dependent on the family
– Feeling of anxiety
– Feeling guilty; Blaming oneself
– Inability to enjoy
– Feeling of hopelessness; Feeling of helplessness
– Feeling empty; Feeling numb
C) Physical changes
– Feeling physically unwell; Loss of appetite; Overeating
– Difficulty in sleeping; Waking up in the middle of the night
– Sleeping more than usual
– Stomach aches; Headaches
– No interest in intimate relations.
– Excess of self criticism
– Thoughts of suicide; Thoughts of death
– Lack of concentration; Loss of memory
– Difficulty making decisions; Unable to think clearly
– Believing that you can’t cope up; Believing that things are simply out of control
All these experiences mentioned are the symptoms of depression. However, may not experience all. In case, you come to know about any of the symptoms mentioned above, it would be great to take a professional help on an immediate basis.